CP12 – Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate
The Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate is the report which lists all the checks completed in your annual gas safety inspection.
All landlords have to have their gas appliances serviced regularly to make sure they’re efficient and safe. It’s the law, as stated in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
The certificate proves that all the gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for your tenants were checked by a registered Gas Safe engineer in the last 12 months.
The certificate is also known in the trade as the CP12 Certificate. This dates back to when CORGI was the body responsible for gas safety in the UK and the certificate was called the CORGI Proforma 12, or CP12.
Now the Gas Safe Register is the official body issuing the Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate in the UK. However, people still widely referred to it as the CP12 Certificate.
All our Heatlogix engineers are on the Gas Safe register and can issue the certificates.
Price for CP12 safety check depends on number of gas appliances:
- 1 or 2 gas appliances – Only £80 inc VAT
- 3 gas appliances (including gas fire) – Only £100 inc VAT
We work with a number of letting agencies and private landlords and if you also want to work with us, please get in touch.
Gas Safety Certificate check includes
Our Gas Safe engineer will carry out the following inspections, before you get your Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate for the year. We will check:
- your appliances for gas tightness
- the standing and working gas pressure (if test points are available)
- the burner pressure/gas pressure against the manufacturer’s data plate
- for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- that safety devices work properly
- for any misuse of gas devices or items
We will also test the flue flow to ensure the removal of products of combustion.